2017 GAGOP Convention
June 2-3, 2017
The State Convention is the culmination of the cycle that began in February. This year’s convention will take place in Augusta and will govern the election of the GAGOP Chairman, First Vice Chairman, Second Vice Chairman, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, and Assistant Treasurer. The State Convention is an amazing opportunity to network and caucus with Republicans from across Georgia.
GYR Statement of Principles
On April 1, the GYR Board of Directors unanimously adopted a Statement of Principles that we hope the next Chairman (and entire GAGOP Executive and State Committees) will take into account during the next two years. Those five principles are:
1. Produce an annual budget on a fixed fiscal year for the Georgia Republican Party will be published for the GAGOP Executive Committee, GAGOP State Committee, and all Republicans across the State of Georgia. This budget will detail, as closely as possible, line item expenditures and income sources.
2. Produce at regular intervals open, transparent, and accessible financial reports for the GAGOP Executive Committee, GAGOP State Committee, and all Republicans across the State of Georgia.
3. Create a Youth Advisory Committee in the GAGOP that includes representatives of the Georgia Young Republicans, Georgia Association of College Republicans, and Georgia Teenage Republicans and produce an annual strategic plan with measurable goals on how to better integrate young conservatives into the Georgia Republican Party.
4. Amend Georgia Republican Party rules to the extent possible under campaign finance law to allow for the voting membership of the respective Chairmen for the Georgia Young Republicans, Georgia Association of College Republicans, and Georgia Teenage Republicans on the GAGOP Executive Committee and GAGOP State Committee.
5. Create specific programs and strategic plans to the extent possible under campaign finance law for youth involvement in Georgia Republican Party campaign activities, including a partnership on a biennial Georgia Young Republican campaign school.
GAGOP Q&A Sessions
On April 1, candidates for GAGOP Chairman were able to join the GYR Board of Directors for a Q&A session. The video of those sessions can be watched below in their entirety. Please be advised, audio quality may be difficult to hear at times, although best attempts have been made to ensure sufficient audio to hear the candidates has been maintained.